Atenea is a group of researchers interested in Modeling Software Systems.
The team is part of the GISUM
group, and conducts basic and applied research on modeling software systems, and on the provision of engineering tools to
Fundamental to this objective is the recognition that information systems must be realized in an environment where data and processing are distributed across heterogeneous IT resources and multiple organizational domains, and are mainly developed and deployed by re-using or integrating existing components and applications, most of which are either commercial off-the-shelf artefacts (models, components), legacy systems, or external applications.
We also rely on the formal specification of systems, at the appropriate level of abstraction, and with the help of notations and tools that can be easily used by system engineers in their daily work. This is why Model-Based Software Engineering is so important for us.
Our premier research areas are focused on:
- Modeling languages for expressing specifications of systems and their integration and distribution.
- Functions and tools to support different kinds of formal analyses of distributed systems.
- Performance, scalabilty and correctness analysis of models and model transformations.
- Techniques and tools for relating different specifications of the same system.
- Quality models and tools for evaluating the quality of IT systems and their individual components.
- Performance, scalability and correctness of models and model transformations.
The following tools and prototypes have been developed as part of our research projects. For further information about any of them, please contact us.
- Extending UML/OCL Datatypes with Uncertainty
- Uncertain and Probabilistic Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- Modeling Reliable Service-Oriented Systems with UML and OCL
- Formalization of Complex Event Processing Systems in Maude
- Specifying Physical Quantities in Software Models
- Automatic Generation of Mutants for ATL Model Transformations
- Parallel Model Transformations with LinTra: Case Studies
- Fault Localization in Model Transformations
- xQNM: A Model-Driven Approach to Simulate Queuing Network Models
- A Rewriting Logic Semantics for ATL
- Visualization of Wiki systems
- MagicDraw v15+ plugin for RM-ODP and UML4ODP
- A Metamodel for Maude
- On the Reusable Specification of Non-functional Properties in DSLs
- On the Semantics of Real-Time Domain Specific Modeling Languages
- Formal Specification and Analysis of Domain Specific Languages using Maude (see also "Maudeling")
The current members of Atenea are:
Information about them can be found at their personal web pages, or from the GISUM site.
For further information about Atenea you can contact any of its members.
For surface mail, we are physically located at:
Dpto. Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computación.
Universidad de Malaga. ETSI Informatica.
Bulevar Louis Pasteur, 35.
(29071) Malaga. Spain.